I did it! I am now a member of a the Specialty Coffee Association.
If you look back to when I first started this blog back in 2013, you'll see that the very first post on this blog was about coffee. Fast forward 5 years - I'm finally making some moves to collect some accolades to what started out as a hobby, then obsession, now a potential move for careers? I kid, I love my current job.
- I got Jaw Surgery - more to come about this later, but it was the most physically demanding, will challenging experiences of my entire life.
- Weight Loss - I made a commitment to myself in January after seeing some photos of myself from a trip to Hawaii that I'd get in shape. There was a point in that trip where a few guys and I went on a hike and I couldn't scale a wet rock. My whole life I let my weight and lack of physical ability stop me from doing things. But as I sat there and heard my friends yelling in joy after scaling the wall, I asked myself - do I want to let life continue to pass me by like this? I decided that I would no longer allow it. I got my ass up and f-king scaled that rock like a boss. From that point I committed to healthy eating and being active and was able to lose a total of 90lbs in a year. The journey continues.
- Personal Relationships - sad to say, but this one isn't such a happy note. So it goes, I lost some friendships this year simply due to the facts of life - people get busy, priorities change. If you're reading this, just know that I hope that you're doing well and I really cherish the times that we had together and I wish you the best.
- Continuing education - I am making it a personal goal of mine to make some moves in the next year for pursuing my masters. Whether it happens this year or in future years, this is a goal that I will accomplish (more on this later).
- Failed startups - earlier this year, I attempted to launch a startup that failed in the most non-dramatic way possible. But I believe that failure is an essential part of growth. I don't see this as a negative, but rather a learning experience for when I try again in the future.
Going forward, I will be using this platform as a medium to write about some things going on in my life. As you've probably noticed, I have been out of the photo game for quite a while now. Although I very much enjoyed my time as a professional wedding photographer, I am closing that chapter of my life now and moving on to higher grounds.
2018 has about 4 months left. Let's finish strong!
Below: some memories of this year (so far)